Friday 13 September 2013

The Young and Prodigious T. S. Spivet (2013)

Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Cast: Helena Bonham Carter, Robert Maillet, Kyle Catlett


Jean-Pierre Jeaunet's (Amelie) next feature is based on the book by Reif Larsen (I can't wait to get a copy of this book). The tale is about a 12 year old cartographer who runs away from home to travel across the US by freight train to receive an award at the Smithsonian Institute.

I'm looking forward to seeing this as I have been a fan of Jeunet's French films for many years. This is one of his few English language films (Alien: Resurrection being one other).

The trailer looks great, although it has quite a Wes Anderson feel to it (not a complaint, I like Wes) but I half expect Owen Wilson to turn up...

No comments:

Post a Comment